An icon of American and international culinary heritage, Antoine’s in the French Quarter celebrated its 175th anniversary in 2015 as the oldest family-owned restaurant in the country. This unique and special milestone offered an important opportunity to communicate with consumers and foodies traveling to New Orleans, in addition to connecting a traditional culinary icon to new and younger audiences.
However, as the anniversary approached, Antoine’s faced multiple challenges, which included struggling to achieve pre-Katrina revenue levels, as well as losing significant awareness within the New Orleans tourist market as travelers gravitated toward restaurants with celebrity chefs and away from traditional dining spots.
To overcome these challenges, our primary objectives were to increase awareness nationally, regionally and locally by generating significant media exposure of the anniversary and to reestablish the restaurant as a must-visit culinary destination in New Orleans for visitors and locals alike. Tactics included 20 months of activities, including grassroots planning and partnership building, a year of media relations and private and public events in New Orleans and New York to celebrate Antoine’s history and heritage and to elevate the restaurant’s stature for people seeking an authentic and special New Orleans culinary experience.
10% Increase over Pre-Katrina Annual Revenue Record
The PR campaign generated numerous targeted national, regional and local media exposure across multiple platforms, including broadcast, digital and print outlets, such as:
- National TV Features – ABC, CBS, FOX, Travel Channel, Food Network and TWC
- Major Print Features – Parade, Washington Post and Houston Chronicle
- Online Coverage – New York Times, USA Today, Southern Living and National Geographic Traveler
- Associated Press – “The Big Story” Feature (85 Placements)
- High-Profile International Print News Coverage – The Telegraph, The Mirror and Elle Australia
- Extensive coverage in every significant New Orleans media outlet
- The campaign won six HSMAI Adrian Awards, including three golds for PR campaign, TV feature and online feature
in earned media
return on investment