The Associate Media Director maintains a deep level of commitment to support our current roster of clients while developing media strategies that attract new partners.
Candidates must have at least 7-10 years of media planning and/or buying experience. If you do not have this work experience, please include a cover letter outlining how the experience and skills you possess can be transferred to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and oversees the implementation of strategic media plans designed to meet specific marketing and advertising objectives.
- Manages the workflow and day to day activities on all assigned accounts and projects. Acts as the primary agency media point of contact for these clients and a resource on others.
- Updates the Media Director on the status of assigned accounts and projects.
- Utilizes available research resources to develop strong and persuasive rationales for media recommendations.
- Maintains awareness of the marketing and advertising environment i.e. economic conditions, competitive arena, industry trends, customer demographics and psychographics, etc.
- Is actively involved in any media, marketing, or creative strategy meetings.
- Meets with account teams and clients to present plans or discuss media-related issues.
- Continues to build and maintain strong relationships with the media rep community.
- Collaborates with other Strategy Department personnel and Account Team members to present new ideas and initiatives that meet client as well as agency objectives.
- Oversees the ongoing implementation and maintenance digital campaigns: optimization, tracking, reporting, etc. Works closely with the agency’s Interactive Campaign Managers and Associate Analysts in this endeavor.
- Works with the buying team and Media Coordinator to oversee placement of orders for media space and the creation of accompanying insertion orders in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Media Coordinator and Accounting Department personnel to ensure the success of agency billing reconciliation procedures. Supervises or directly handles billing discrepancies or contract disputes as necessary.
- Communicates appropriate client research, information, and guidelines to buyers. Reviews all buys to make sure they are consistent with media plan objectives/strategies/tactics.
- Assumes an active leadership role within the media group: Mentoring and supervision of associate and mid-level staff, policy and procedural discussions, training, etc.
- Contributes to and, at times, leads the development and creation of media group initiatives: IP, media trends, white papers, contract renegotiations, etc.
- Works with the Media Director on new business development and presentations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a related major.
- Minimum 7 years of media planning or buying experience required.
- Communications Journey Planning experience.
- In-depth knowledge of basic marketing, advertising, and media research principles.
- Strong communications and leadership skills.
- Experience with analytics software and data mining is a plus, but not required.