The Media Planning Supervisor manages day-to-day campaign activity and organization. We are looking for someone with expertise in media planning and has experience managing a team.
Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of media planning experience. If you do not have this work experience, please include a cover letter outlining how the experience and skills you possess can be transferred to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates Media Director on the status of assigned accounts and projects. Documents/discusses plan alternatives and provides recommendations prior to client presentations.
- Acts as a primary media contact and supervisor for agency on specifically assigned accounts and a resource on others.
- Leads the strategic development of media plans on assigned accounts. Provide appropriate direction to all planning team members.
- Manages the workflow and day-to-day activities on all assigned accounts and projects.
- Becomes actively involved in major Media, Creative and Marketing Strategy meetings.
- Promotes an open dialogue with media representatives and encourages them to present new ideas that meet client objectives.
- Communicates appropriate client research, information and guidelines to the Broadcast Buying team. Reviews all cable, radio and television schedules to make sure they are consistent with media plan objectives/strategies/tactics.
- Supervises or directly handles billing discrepancies and contract disputes as necessary. Works closely with Media Accounting Coordinator to ensure the success of agency billing reconciliation procedures.
- Assists in the overall visioning/management of the Media Department.
- Contributes to and, at times, leads the development and creation of Planning group or department initiatives: “state-of-the-union” media updates, white papers, general POVs, etc.
- Oversees the research, development and implementation of strategic media plans designed to meet specific marketing and advertising objectives. Supervise day-to-day activities on assigned accounts.
- Compiles, analyzes, evaluates, negotiates and tracks relevant information in media vehicles in order to execute media plans effectively and efficiently.
- Utilizing available research resources, develops strong and persuasive rationales for media recommendations.
- Maintains awareness of the marketing and advertising environment (economic conditions, competitive arena, industry and category trends, customer demographics and psychographics, media opportunities, etc.). Relays relevant information to Account Management teams and incorporates it into plans.
- Assumes an active leadership role within the Planning group and the entire Media department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related major.
- Planning across online and offline channels.
- Minimum 3 years of media planning experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of managing a team of 3 or more.
- Interactive media experience preferred.
- Familiarity with in-depth marketing, advertising, and media research principles.