PETERMAYER is seeking a Chief Creative Officer. This is a rare opportunity to bring your talents, creative vision and human skills to work in a thriving independent shop. You’d be a pivotal member of our leadership team, and a fundamental part of steering the company including and beyond the creative product, and our most visible representative of creativity and the agency’s POV in the industry.
• You have creative campaigns and awards in your book that are your calling card.
• You have led your creative teams to develop award-winning campaigns.
• You are an excellent curator of work.
• Your work is grounded in strategic insight and reflects superb storytelling (most easily represented by case studies). Therefore you love – and demand – a great brief.
• You’ll be leading our ideation, production, design studio and technology capabilities and could step into those leadership areas with ease.
• You assure ideation stretches across paid, owned and earned channels.
• You have a deep knowledge and understanding of content production
• You inherently understand how to assign work and manage the juggle of a dynamic creative environment.
• You make final creative decisions with your partners in account, strategy and production followed by immaculate execution of those ideas that delivers on thekey business objectives.
You have a clear and exciting vision of the future:
• You can articulate what creative/creativity should do for the end consumer and for the client.
• You see more “possibilities” than“impossibilities”.
• You have a POV on where creativity is headed in the age of AI, including ideas on how we incorporate existing AI capabilities into current work. You are committed to an early adopter approach to new innovations where we believe our agency and our clients will most benefit.
Your creative vision can dovetail with the agency’s positioning and personality.
You demonstrate an understanding of what it takes to grow an agency.
You consult with high-level clients but make sure anything that goes out the door is a representation of the quality of PETERMAYER.
You are passionate about new information and trends in creativity and share them with the creative team and broader integrated teams.
You fundamentally believe the best advertising can make people’s lives better.
You want to build the kind of company that proves great companies can actually exist within the ad industry.
You are the nourisher of all creative endeavors and all team members.
You have a track record of attracting, retaining and growing strong talents.
You’re inspiring, encouraging and friendly to others, always working hard to make positive progress.
You take responsibility and keep commitments when facing huge challenges or mistakes.
You are a living embodiment of our values:
• ALL IN: we don’t do everything. But what we do, we do 110%.
• BETTER TOGETHER: We over I. You don’t just say it – you relish it.
• DO THE RIGHT THING. Even if it’s the hard thing.
• RESILIENT OPTIMISM: The glass is always half full, and we never.give.up.
• HUMAN FORWARD: People first. (And never forget that data represents people.)
Within the creative team
· You are patient, persistent and hopeful for pursuing the “Big Idea”.
· You know how to build a positive creative culture within your team and throughout the agency.
· You build trust and respect with others and develop a team with professional ethics and effective performance.
· You are a mentor and intimate grower of your people, a supporter in their lives and a champion of developing their skills.
· You give and receive continual, clear, usable feedback. You love to coach.
Throughout the agency
· You earn (and exhibit) respect and trust from colleagues.
· You coordinate and manage creative resources reasonably to improve both effectiveness and efficiency.
· You collaborate well with internal stakeholders across departments.
· You enjoy operational leadership and making management team decisions, developing/evolving policies and benefits, and discussions regarding agency direction.
· You share your own expectations of the future and influence others to make changes.
· You maintain a belief in being creative and display the power of curiosity and creativity in daily life.
· You demonstrate and support a strong belief in JEDI (justice, equity, diversity, inclusion).
· Brings a love for and successful track record in business development and pitching.
· Builds strong and lasting client/agency relationships.
· Leads agency presentations, both in new business pitches and current client creative run-throughs.
· Demonstrates superior presentation skills. Can own a room and cansell big ideas.
· Conveys and utilizes strong knowledge of storytelling through the creative arts.
· Ensures the creative product works hard in achieving client objectives, resulting in quality and profit for the agency.
In the industry
· You translate what’s happening in the industry into strategies that will help PETERMAYER become an exemplary agency (trends and behavior).
· You are a key face of PETERMAYER in the industry and are constant ambassadors.
· You have judged national (or international) award shows and want to pursue this work further.
· You decide which work will be sent to represent the company at different national and international creativity competitions.
· You have your fingerprints on anything that represents the PETERMAYER brand.
· You run and evolve Les Critiques, the agency’s in-house work evaluation program.
· You are or have an active interest in public speaking, authoring IP, guesting on broadcasts and podcasts.
· 15+ years of experience working in creative agencies with 5+ years of experience in a management position.
· Demonstrated and awarded ability to select, judge and shape creative ideas.
· Track record of success in new business.
· Demonstrated ability to manage high-stakes client relationships and deliver strategic counsel.
· Exceptional communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
· Strong demonstration of leadership to lead all creative resources, setting the overall creative direction that best aligns with business objectives.
· Knowledge of, and ability to teach, creative across the media landscape – their techniques and production criteria, advertising and marketing principles and practices, and basic management.
· The ability to be nurturing, motivating and instigating with clients and coworkers.
· Personal and leadership maturity.
· Strong references from clients, former peers and former creatives you have led.
· Residence in the Greater New Orleans area (will relocate).