We hire nice, smart people. In that order.
But the culture we prize most is the one you’ll find behind our doors. It’s born from the dog-lovin’, bike-ridin’, crawfish-peelin’ band of artists, thinkers, makers and genuinely nice people who pass through our doors every day. If you’d like to join us, read on to see what life at 318 Camp is like.
Got the skills to pay the bills? If Peter Mayer sounds like the place for you, check out our open positions below. We’d love to have you on the team.
- Paid Search Associate
- A passion for digital marketing
- Minimum of 1 year experience in search marketing discipline
- Knowledge and experience spans SEO, SEM (paid and organic)
- Results oriented
- Pride yourself on staying on top of industry trends thru blogs, podcasts, white papers, case studies, etc
- Self-starter, efficient time management and strong problem solving skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; commercially oriented, confident, outgoing, articulate, persuasive
- Google Adwords certification required
- Execute and measure the effectiveness of paid search strategies for multiple clients at a time
- Make keyword recommendations off of research, keyword analysis, competitive analysis and PPC tools
- Create and test ad copy and PPC landing pages to ensure the most effective user experience
- Analyze campaign results to help clients get the maximum ROI, looking at dayparts, search funnels, geography, sitelinks, ad position and more
- Drive traffic and increase ROI for clients by doing competitive analysis, keyword research, content creation and link building
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEM/SEO strategies and campaigns using tools including Google Analytics, SEMrush, Search Console, Moz and more
- Share insights with clients through email, calls and face to face meetings
- Keep track of changes and trends in the search marketing industry, educating employees and clients.
- The backbone of the agency’s promise to create great work that works.
- Create the strategies that drive integrated, consumer-first, measureable ideas for clients.
- Bridge the gap between thinking and execution.
- Innovate IP on behalf of the agency and in support of its cultural positioning.
- Be the catalyst for the creatives and for the best ideas.
- Be Better Together.
- Be Honest + Fair.
- Be Generous.
- Be Curious.
- Be All In.
- Be Uniquely You.
Paid Search Associate
What It Takes
A Peter Mayer Search Associate position requires the following:
Your Role at Peter Mayer
The Search Associate is accountable for the following:
Your Department’s Role at Peter Mayer
The Strategy team as a whole has the following accountabilities:
How We Position Ourselves
Peter Mayer is an independent, integrated marketing agency. We use cultural insights to connect brands with people. The following values are the bedrock of our internal culture:
Peter Mayer encourages diversity in all forms: cultural, ethnic, lifestyle--we feel it all just adds to the flavor of our gumbo. We are an EOE.
Join our Network of Talent
We’re always looking for good people. So even if you don’t see an open position that’s right for you, we’d love to be in touch. Send us your resume and we’ll be sure to keep you in mind for future opportunities.
- Future Freelance: Media Planner
- Have 3+ years of experience in agency setting
- Have a track record for planning and executing successful paid campaign on video, display, mobile, programmatic and social platforms
- Bonus if you can manage programmatic partners (we use Adelphic), self-serve platforms (Facebook, Google, etc.) and operated within our ad server (Sizmek)
- Have experience working with a variety of industries (Travel & Tourism, CPGs, Financial, etc.)
- Be research focused with the ability to use insights to develop media recommendations
- Have the ability to measure ROI to report on and analyze results
- Work as a liaison between media, account and creative teams
- Someone with an eye for detail and the ability to tell a narrative with media recommendations
- Multi-taskers who can manage their workflow and move from client-to-client, project-to-project and deadline-to-deadline
- Capable communicators that can be clients facing and have excellent written skills
- Freelancers seeking either immediate or future projects
- Future Freelance: Senior Strategist
- Interrogate trends and develop relevant insights for use in the creative process and with clients
- Define and explore consumer/customer audiences
- Develop brand insights and find points of difference in parity categories
- Create strong client-facing insight presentations and intellectual property
- Help creatives mine insight territories
- Help develop go-to-market plans, partnering with media/connections planning and account directors.
- Work effectively as part of our team via phone/Skype if remote
- Strong creative planning skills demonstrable by portfolio
- Strong agency background and track record of working at/for agency brand planning departments, demonstrable by at least 3 references
- Well-versed planning and research techniques (qual and quant), strong analytical skills, and whatever host of planning tools you have in your skillset
- Compelling use of presentation media (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Ability to add conceptual thinking to a design, and ability to design out of conceptual thought.
- Boldly defend for your creative vision, with the ability to passionately and persuasively share that vision with clients and internal teams alike.
- Exceptional type and layout skills - if you have mad skills in this area, you may be good enough for our Studio.
- Deep understanding of visual communication trends.
- Self-starter who manages time and tight deadlines with a great attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly with design management, brand navigation, other brand artists and clients about your work.
- "Interactive Design" should not be a new term to you.
- Account Management
- Maintains a positive relationship between team members, both internal and external.
- Ensures that agency output meets agreed-upon strategies and objectives.
- Exhibits ability to think strategically and apply thoughts/ideas to applicable projects.
- Consistently stays ahead of client and account needs.
- Enjoys the challenge of meeting a deadline.
- Makes realistic, workable commitments.
- Creates an environment that allows for the inclusion of others' ideas.
- Controls the work flow and progress.
- Motivates self without prodding or significant direction.
- Organizes thoughts and writing in clear, concise manner.
- Balances client satisfaction with progressive marketing standards.
Future Freelance: Media Planner
Peter Mayer is looking for a seasoned Media Planner who has both traditional and digital media experience. Candidates should be capable of developing campaign that drive client’s ROI metrics and be capable of presenting recommendations or performance reports to clients.
We’ll need you to:
We are seeking:
Future Freelance: Senior Strategist
Peter Mayer is an EOE--we appreciate diversity in all it's forms: cultural, ethnic, lifestyle.
"I'm a Creative" - sounds fun, right? Thinking, dreaming, being aloof and witty, all at the same time......OK, let's dispense with the stereotypes. You have to have the chops to work in our shop.
We're on the look-out for creative thinkers and doers - unique individuals influenced by a sound understanding of integrated marketing channels--digi-lovers with a respect for traditional. Whatever iteration of your creative journey you may be in right now, please take a peek at our list below--if you're inspired, send us your portfolio for review and consideration for future openings.
Good things to have and do:
Please submit resume and portfolio for consideration. No portfolio = no way for us to know you.
Peter Mayer is proud to support diversity--cultural, environmental, experiential. Life happens. We support the twists and turns yours may have taken, and appreciate that it all adds to the flavor of our gumbo.
The Account Management discipline forges the client relationship. As champions for the clients' businesses, Account Managers continually educate themselves on their clients' products, industries and any factors that may come into play when building solid brand images.
Client Account Management is engaged in driving the day-to-day business: developing projects, obtaining client approvals, keeping agency personnel informed on a given client's point-of-view - all are checkpoints on Account Management's daily "to-do" list.
If you're in the habit of continually cultivating the standards outlined below and would like to be considered for future Peter Mayer Account Management positions, please send us your resume for future consideration.
Peter Mayer is proud to support diversity - cultural, environmental, experiential. Life happens. We support the twists and turns yours may have taken, and appreciate that it all adds to the flavor of our gumbo.
Peter Mayer has been named one of
New Orleans City Business’ Best Places to Work ten times.
A career at Peter Mayer has its benefits. And actual benefits. Like the ones below.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Disability and Life Insurance
Salary and benefits come with the job, of course. But you’ll also find a career at Peter Mayer comes with a few unexpected perks.
- Free Parking
- Complimentary Jazz Fest tickets
- Every Day is Bring Your Dog to Work Day
- Crawfish Boil
- Sno-ball Parties
- Continuing Education Opportunities